Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Big Rivalries

I had so much homework yesterday that I didn't have time to update. This means that some of the updates are a day old.

Today's theme: Big rivals.


Now if you haven't figured out that I live in Washington state, I'm telling you. Now any sports fan in Washington state knows about the big rivalry between the Huskies (GO HUSKIES!) and the Cougars.

My science teacher is a big Cougar fan. In science we were learning about food chains and webs. In the diagram in our textbook the cougar was the top predator. My teacher went on about how it is very hard to kill a predatory animal. Then a boy in my class (who's a big Husky fan) said he knew what can kill a cougar. Sadly my teacher fell for it and asked, "What?" The boy replied, "Huskies kill Cougars!" We all enjoyed that, well everyone but the Cougar fans, who protested.

Another big rivalry coming up this week: the big track meet. Tomorrow our track team goes up against our district rivals. It is also the last home meet of the season.

There was some very good news today: MSP testing is over. I'm finally done with our big state testing.

Also in the news: I found out another one of my friends has a blog. Here's her link.

Lastly I want to wish luck to all the people that are trying out for the talent show tomorrow. I especially wish my friends that have been working hard on a "Wicked" (pardon the pun) rendition of "Defying Gravity."

It's been a big day in the life of an ordinary middle schooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment