Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Setbacks and Good News

So we made our flight okay. We landed about a half an hour ago. Currently it's 10:39 PM DC time (though I'm wide awake because that's like 7:30 Washington time.)

So we got a taxi to the hotel my mom made reservations at (and to boot she checked with them yesterday.) We got to the hotel and when we checked in they said they didn't have any rooms for us because they overbooked. I'm writing part of this at the hotel computer while the main desk people try to get us another hotel at 10:42 at night.

This is a major setback for several reasons;
  • First we are all cranky and tired because we spent the whole day getting ready for this trip and spent 5 hours on a plane.

  • Next tomorrow morning we will have to come back to this hotel from the one they set us up with. That basically wastes....

I want you to forget everything I just said. Just as I was writing that sentence my dad came over and said they found us a room in the hotel so we don't have to move hotels. My family thinks it's because we talked about mentioning this on this blog.

I'll try to update you with pictures tomorrow. I've got some great ones I've been taking all day.

Also on the plane ride, right before we were about to land we started seeing lightening. It was really cool until we realized that we were on a metal plane flying in the air. Anyway we landed fine and our vacation officially starts tomorrow.

I've got to get the sleeper sofa ready so update you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment